Its construction began in the last years of Ottoman rule in order to become a military hospital. It had influenced the structure of the first plan of the new city, and took its final form in 1936. Today the building houses the Courts of Chania, the Court of Appeal of West Crete, the Lawyer Association, the Club Gendarmerie and the Citizen Service Center of Chania.

SOURCE: CHANIA MUNICIPALITY LIBRARY

administration building