The Catholic Church of Chania is dedicated to the Virgin Mary and is the seat of the Catholic Diocese of Crete. This is a three-transept church built in 1842, on the area where in 1566 the Capuchin monks had founded the first monastery on the island. The building has undergone renovations and operations and functions as a parish church of the Catholic community of the city.

SOURCE: CHANIA MUNICIPALITY LIBRARY

The Catholic Church