The Mosque Kioutsouk Hassan or Giali Tzamisi (seaside mosque) was founded in 1645 and completed by Kioutsouk Hassan Pasha, who gave his name to this Ottoman mosque. After the population exchange, the mosque was used as a warehouse, Archaeological Museum and offices of Greek Tourism Organization. Today it is property of the Port Authority and hosts temporary exhibitions.

SOURCE: CHANIA MUNICIPALITY LIBRARY

Giali tzamisi