Built in the 17th century, the Hamam of Yusuf Pasha was erected in place of the Venetian monastery of St. Clara located at the opposite site of San Francisco (Archaeological Museum) in current Halidon Street. Part of it was destroyed by the German bombing in 1941. In 1965 was declared preserved, until 1994 housed a bell tower foundry, and now works as a clothing store.

SOURCE: CHANIA MUNICIPALITY LIBRARY

Turkish Bath-Hamam - (Halidon)