One of the most impressive monuments of Chania, the Venetian lighthouse located on the left side of the entrance of the Old Harbor. It was built by the Venetians between 1595 and 1601 and it was reconstructed for the last time in 1830, during the Egyptian occupation and it has since then his current form. It has 21 meters high and its light reaches a distance of seven miles.

SOURCE: CHANIA MUNICIPALITY LIBRARY

The Egyptian Lighthouse