The church of St. Mary Magdalene is located to the once prestigious area of Chalepa. It is a Russian architectural style temple with decorative dome built in 1901 by the High Commissioner of Crete Prince George to commemorate the stay of his sister Mary in Chania. In May 1909 it was granted to the Municipality.

SOURCE: CHANIA MUNICIPALITY LIBRARY

The Church of St. Mary Magdalene