The Public Garden is located between Papandreou and Tzanakaki Streets. It was designed in 1870 according to the European standards and was the first charitable work of the city of Chania during the period of administration Reouf Pasha. Today is an oasis of green and recreation area; it has a small zoo, cafeteria, playground, library, and an outdoor cinema.

SOURCE: CHANIA MUNICIPALITY LIBRARY

municipal garden