Outside the eastern side of the city, in Froudia there is the hill of Prophet Elias with the church. This area of endless natural beauty, home the tombs of Eleftherios and Sophocles Venizelos who marked the recent Greek history, and the statue of Kagiale. Today the district of Prophet Elias is a modern suburb with modern architecture.
The church of the Prophet Elisha in a typical Venetian style built in the 16th century next to a smaller church of St. Elisha, in Froudia on southeast of Akrotiri Chania. It was destroyed during the bombing of the Great Powers in 1897 and was restored at the expense of Russian Tsar Nicholas B. Today is a parish church.
SOURCE: CHANIA MUNICIPALITY LIBRARY