The "Palace" of Chania was built in 1882 in Chalepa next to the house of Kyriakos Venizelos. It is a simple mansion and in 1898 housed the High Commissioner Prince George. Later, Alexander Zaimis and respective General Governors of Crete lived there. From 1940 to 1957 operated as a hospital, while during the occupation it was requisitioned by the Nazis.
SOURCE: CHANIA MUNICIPALITY LIBRARY