The Venetian Harbour was built in the period between 1320 and 1356. In the 16th century the Venetians would build a wall with battlements along the breakwater, the Bastion of St. Nicholas of Molos, the Fortress Revellino del Porto at the entrance of the harbor and the lighthouse. During the Cretan State expands the foundations of the port, but the next decades, the passenger and commercial activity will be transferred to the large natural harbor of Souda.

SOURCE: CHANIA MUNICIPALITY LIBRARY

The venetian harbour