It was built in 1880 by the father of Eleftherios, Kyriakos Venizelos, on a land bought four years ago. It is a two-floor house in style of villa, which housed Eleftherios Venizelos and various other personalities until 1927, when it was renovated. Today it is the seat of the National Research Foundation "Eleftherios K. Venizelos".

SOURCE: CHANIA MUNICIPALITY LIBRARY

eleftherios Venizelos'house